You can monitor application services supported by vRealize Application Remote Collector in vRealize Operations Manager or in Wavefront. You can also manage the life cycle of agents and application services on virtual machines.
For example, as an administrator, you might need to ensure that the infrastructure provided for running the application services is sufficient and that there are no problems. If you receive a complaint that a particular application service is not working properly or is slow, you can troubleshoot by looking at the infrastructure on which the application is deployed. You can view important metrics related to the applications and share the information with the team managing the applications. You can use vRealize Operations Manager to deploy the agents and send the related application data to Wavefront or vRealize Operations Manager. You can view the data in the relevant Wavefront dashboard or in vRealize Operations Manager and share it with the team so that they can troubleshoot the application service.
Using vRealize Operations Advanced edition, you can monitor operating systems in vRealize Operations Manager or you can monitor operating systems and applications in Wavefront. Using vRealize Operations Enterprise edition, you can monitor operating systems and applications in vRealize Operations Manager or Wavefront.
If you had configured application monitoring in vRealize Operations Manager 7.0 using vRealize Operations Standard edition, and you upgrade to the vRealize Operations Manager 7.5 Standard edition, you cannot configure application monitoring.
- Activate the VMware vRealize Application Management Pack.
For more information, see Activate the VMware vRealize Application Management Pack.
- Configure vRealize Operations Manager to monitor applications or provide configuration details to activate your Wavefront account.
For more information, see Configuring vRealize Operations Manager for Application Monitoring or Configure the Wavefront Account.
- Download the vRealize Application Remote Collector by clicking the Download icon in the Application Remote Collector page.
For information about deploying vRealize Application Remote Collector, see Deploy vRealize Application Remote Collector.
- Configure an application remote collector.
- Install agents on selected VMs and discover and manage application services.
For more information, see Manage Agents in Virtual Machines.
- Monitor your applications in vRealize Operations Manager or monitor your applications in Wavefront.
For more information about monitoring your applications in vRealize Operations Manager, see Monitor Applications In vRealize Operations Manager.