The internal certificates for vRealize Operations Manager expire five years after its initial installation. Upgrade your internal certificates for vRealize Operations Manager 6.3 and later versions using the certificate renewal PAK file. After logging in, if you see a message like, "vRealize Operations Manager internal certificates will expire on mm/dd/yyyy. Please install a new certificate before the expiry date. For more details, see KB 71018." in the Quick Start page, you must upgrade your internal certificates for vRealize Operations Manager using the certificate renewal PAK file from the vRealize Operations Manager Administrator interface.
- Obtain the PAK file for your cluster. See Obtain the Software Update PAK File for details.
Note: The certificate renewal PAK is a standalone tool used only for the vRealize Operations Manager internal certificate renew.
- Bring your cluster offline before installing the PAK file to upgrade your internal certificates.
Note: If your internal certificates have already expired, install the vRealize_Operations_Manager_Enterprise_Certificate_Renewal_PAK manually. For more information, see the following KB article 71018.
- Log into the vRealize Operations Manager administrator interface of your cluster at
- Take the vRealize Operations Manager cluster offline. For more information, see vRealize Operations Manager Cluster Management.
- Install the vRealize_Operations_Manager_Enterprise_Certificate_Renewal_PAK to upgrade your internal certificates. See, Install a Software Update.
Note: After the installation is complete, the administrator interface logs you out.
- Log back into the vRealize Operations Manager administrator interface.
- Bring the vRealize Operations Manager cluster back online.
After the cluster goes online, the upgrade is complete.