The Management Pack for Microsoft Azure is an embedded adapter, in which each adapter instance has diagnostic dashboards, and collects metrics from Microsoft Azure. You can add a cloud account to configure an adapter instance in vRealize Operations Manager .
- On the menu, click Administration.
- In the left pane, click .
- Click Add Account and select Microsoft Azure.
- Enter the cloud account information.
Option Action Name Enter a name for the adapter instance. Description Enter a description for the adapter instance.
- Configure the connection.
Option Action Subscription ID Enter your subscription ID for Microsoft Azure. Directory (Tenant) ID Enter the directory (tenant) ID for your Azure Active Directory. Credential Add the credentials used to access Microsoft Azure by clicking the plus sign.
- Enter an instance name for the credential values you are creating. This value is not the name of the adapter instance, but a friendly name for the secret credential.
- Enter your application ID in your Azure Active Directory.
- Enter the client secret that you generated for your application in the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Enter any required local proxy information for your network.
Collector/Group Select the collector upon which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default is selected for optimal data collecting.
- Click Validate Connection to test the connection.
If the test connection fails, do not add the cloud account.
If you add the cloud account with a failed test connection, vRealize Operations Manager might not collect data for the adapter instance. To resolve this issue, remove the cloud account and add it again with the correct information. If you are using a proxy, ensure that the proxy connection is efficient.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Advanced Settings to configure advanced settings.
Option Action Services Select the services from which you want to collect metrics. If you want to collect metrics for specific services, then click the drop-down icon and select one or more services. For example, Azure Disk Storage. If you do not select any of the services, then the metrics for all the services are collected. Regions Select the regions you want to subscribe to. If you want to subscribe to specific regions, click the drop-down icon and select one or more regions. For example, Central US. If you want to subscribe to all the regions, do not select any of the regions.
- Click Add.
What to do next
|Where to View the Information||Information to View|
|Environment||The objects related to the adapter instance are added to the inventory trees. For more information, see View Objects for the Management Pack for Microsoft Azure.
For information about the metrics collected by the adapter, see Metrics for the Management Pack for Microsoft Azure.
|Dashboards||The dashboards for the adapter instance are added to vRealize Operations Manager . For more information, see Microsoft Azure Dashboards.|