You can edit the monthly cost for each Network Interface Controller (NIC) type or can edit the total cost of all the networking expenses associated with the cloud. You can now set a total fixed cost for network resources in vRealize Operations Manager . The total network cost is divided across all the hosts present in the data center.
- Click Administration and in the left pane click .
- In the Cost Driver tab, click Network.
- Select the required edit mode for changing the monthly network cost.
- Edit for All Data centers - mode enables you to customize a single cost driver value for all the data centers. Any customizations done for the Specific data center mode are lost.
- Edit for specific Data Center - mode enables you to customize different cost driver values for different data centers. Any customizations done for All data centers mode are lost.
Note: When you select Edit for specific data center as the edit mode, then the select data center option is enabled. Select the data center from the drop-down menu
- Edit the monthly cost of network.
- Modify the values for 1 Gigabit NIC, 10 Gigabit NIC, 25 Gigabit NIC, 40 Gigabit NIC, and the 100 Gigabit NIC.
- Modify the total monthly cost of all network expenses associated with the cloud.
- To customize the network cost for a specific server, click Edit For Individual Servers.
- Click +Add Cost Per Server.
- From the Select Server’s for customization drop-down select the required server and click Ok.
- Specify values for 1 Gigabit NIC, 10 Gigabit NIC, 25 Gigabit NIC, 40 Gigabit NIC, and 100 Gigabit NIC and click Save.
View the change in network cost after you have run the cost calculation cycle.