You can install the End Point Operations Management agent on a Windows platform using a Windows installer.
You can perform a silent installation of the agent. See Installing an End Point Operations Management Agent Silently on a Windows Machine.
- Verify that you have sufficient privileges to deploy an End Point Operations Management agent. You must have vRealize Operations Manager user credentials that include a role that allows you to install End Point Operations Management agents. See Roles and Privileges in vRealize Operations Manager.
- Verify that the installation directory for the End Point Operations Management agent does not contain a vRealize Hyperic agent installation.
- If you already have an End Point Operations Management agent installed on the machine, verify that it is not running.
- Verify that you do not have any End Point Operations Management or vRealize Hyperic agent installed on your environment before running the agent Windows installer.
- You must know the user name and password for the vRealize Operations Manager, the vRealize Operations Manager server address (FQDN), and the server certificate thumbprint value. You can see additional information about the certificate thumbprint in the procedure.
- Download the Windows installation EXE file that is appropriate for your Windows platform.
Operating System RPM Bundle to Download 64bit Operating System epops-agent-x86-64-win-version.exe 32bit Operating System epops-agent-x86-win-version.exe
- Double-click the file to open the installation wizard.
- Complete the steps in the installation wizard.
Verify that the user and system locales are identical, and that the installation path contains only characters that are part of the system locale's code page. You can set user and system locales in the Regional Options or Regional Settings control panel.Note the following information related to defining the server certificate thumbprint.
- The server certificate thumbprint is required to run a silent installation.
- Either the SHA1 or SHA256 algorithm can be used for the thumbprint.
- By default, the vRealize Operations Manager server generates a self-signed CA certificate that is used to sign the certificate of all the nodes in the cluster. In this case, the thumbprint must be the thumbprint of the CA certificate, to allow for the agent to communicate with all nodes.
- As a vRealize Operations Manager administrator, you can import a custom certificate instead of using the default. In this instance, you must specify a thumbprint corresponding to that certificate as the value of this property.
- To view the certificate thumbprint value, log into the vRealize Operations Manager Administration interface at https://IP Address/admin and click the SSL Certificate icon located on the right of the menu bar. Unless you replaced the original certificate with a custom certificate, the second thumbprint in the list is the correct one. If you did upload a custom certificate, the first thumbprint in the list is the correct one.
- (Optional) Run ep-agent.bat query to verify if the agent is installed and running.
The agent begins running on the Windows platform.