Configure an instance of the vRealize Network Insight in vRealize Operations Manager.
As vCenter and NSX-T are native vRealize Operations Manager Management Packs, ensure that you have installed the latest NSX for vSphere Management Pack if you have NSX for vSphere data source configured in vRealize Network Insight.
- On the menu, click Administration.
- In the left pane, expand Management and click Integrations.
- Under Integrations, click the verticle ellipse next to VMware vRealize Network Insight and click Configure.
- Configure the adapter instance.
The FQDN or the IP address of vRealize Network Insight.
Select and add the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials to access the environment of this management pack, click the plus sign.
Credential Kind. Select and configure the Credential Type. You can select either the Local, LDAP, or vIDM network insight credentials.Note:
This Management pack supports only the Local, LDAP, and vIDM users that are added in the User Management settings of vRealize Network Insight.
Local - Network Insight Credentials. Enter the credential name, user name of the local user configured in vRealize Network Insight, and password for that user.
LDAP - Network Insight Credentials. Enter the credential name, LDAP domain configured in vRealize Network Insight, LDAP user name, and LDAP password for that LDAP user.
vIDM - Network Insight Credentials. Enter the credential name, vIDM FQDN/IP integrated with vRealize Network Insight, vIDM user name, and vIDM password for that vIDM user.
Credentail Name. Credential Name.
Collector / Group
Select the required collector group.
Test Connection should be successful.
- The vRealize Network Insight instance collects events based on common data sources between vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Network Insight. When you disable the Import problem events as based on common data sources option, all the events are imported into the vRealize Operations Manager.
- You can collect user-defined events of vRealize Network Insight as notifications in vRealize Operations Manager. To do so, enable the Import User defined events as Notifications.
- Select the severity of the problem events you want to import. By default, all the problem events with moderate and critical severities are imported.
- Click Add.
The vRealize Network Insight instance is added to the list.