Use a vSphere client to deploy vRealize Application Remote Collector. You can deploy the vRealize Application Remote Collector OVA template from a file.
For critical time sourcing, use the Network Time Protocol (NTP). You must ensure time synchronization between the endpoint VMs, vCenter Server, ESX Hosts, and vRealize Operations Manager.
- Right-click any inventory object that is a valid parent object of a virtual machine, such as a data center, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host, and select Deploy OVF Template.
The Deploy OVF Template wizard opens.
- On the Deploy OVF template page, do one of the following and click Next:
- If you have a URL to the OVA template which is located on the Internet, type the URL in the URL field. Supported URL sources are HTTP and HTTPS.
- If you have downloaded the vRealize Application Remote Collector OVA file, click Local file and browse to the location of the file and select it.
- On the Select a name and folder page, enter a unique name for the virtual machine or vAPP, select a deployment location, and click Next.
The default name for the virtual machine is the same as the name of the selected OVF or OVA template. If you change the default name, choose a name that is unique within each vCenter Server virtual machine folder.
The default deployment location for the virtual machine is the inventory object where you started the wizard.
- On the Select a resource page, select a resource where to run the deployed VM template, and click Next.
- On the Review details page, verify the OVF or OVA template details and click Next.
Option Description Product vRealize Application Remote Collector. Version Version number of the vRealize Application Remote Collector. Vendor VMWare. Publisher Publisher of the OVF or OVA template, if a certificate included in the OVF or OVA template file specifies a publisher. Download size Size of the OVF or OVA file. Size on disk Size on disk after you deploy the OVF or OVA template.
- On the Accept license agreements page, click Accept and then Next.
- In the Select configuration page, select the size of the deployment.
- On the Select storage page, define where and how to store the files for the deployed OVF or OVA template.
- Select a VM Storage Policy.
This option is available only if storage policies are enabled on the destination resource.
- (Optional) Enable the Show datastores from Storage DRS clusters check box to choose individual datastores from Storage DRS clusters for the initial placement of the virtual machine.
- Select a datastore to store the deployed OVF or OVA template.
The configuration file and virtual disk files are stored on the datastore. Select a datastore large enough to accommodate the virtual machine or vApp and all associated virtual disk files.
- Select a VM Storage Policy.
- On the Select networks page, select a source network and map it to a destination network. Click Next. The source network must have a static FQDN name or static DNS.
The Source Network column lists all networks that are defined in the OVF or OVA template.
- In the Customize template page, provide inputs to configure the vRealize Application Remote Collector deployment. It is mandatory to give these details.
Configuration Description API Admin User's Password Enter a password for the vRealize Application Remote Collector API admin. The username is firstname.lastname@example.org. This password should be used when configuring this instance of vRealize Application Remote Collector in vRealize Operations Manager. Blank spaces before or after the password are ignored and are not considered to be part of the password. Do not add the colon character
:in the password.
Networking Properties Verify the networking properties.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the page and click Finish.
- After the OVA deployment is complete, you can log in to the virtual appliance from vCenter Server. Right click the virtual appliance that you installed. Click Open Console. Use the following credentials to log in:
Log In Details Value Username root Password vmware
- Change the root user password.
Note: To reset the root user password, see the KB article: 2001476
- Enable the sshd service to access the virtual machine through ssh.
What to do next
- Configure NTP Settings.
- Ensure the prerequisites for handshake with vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter Server are met.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager and configure application monitoring.