After you integrate vRealize Automation 8.x private cloud adapter instances with vRealize Operations Manager , you can calculate the cost of deployments, projects, and virtual machines of the selected cloud adapter. Pricing provides an overview of the costs related to the cloud environment, cloud resources, and the costs associated with the project.
How the Pricing Works in vRealize Automation 8.x
- vRealize Operations Manager understands the constructs defined in vRealize Automation 8.x and calculates the CPU, RAM, Storage and Additional prices for Projects, Deployments, and virtual machines.
- A single project can have multiple deployments and a single deployment can have multiple virtual machines associated with the deployment.
- Pricing for multiple virtual machines associated with the deployment is the sum of all the resources associated with individual virtual machines.
- If a single project has multiple deployments, then the project pricing is equal to the sum of individual deployments. The deployment can have multiple virtual machines and resources associated with it.
- On day one, the pricing is equal to the cost of resources defined in vRealize Operations Manager .
- On day two, the price is calculated using the following formula.
- Cost of resources for the present day – Cost of resources for the previous day
- If in case the pricing does not happen as per the definition, then the partial price is set to true, and the pricing is calculated based on the previous days price.
- In vRealize Operations Manager , the following new dashboards are included to view the pricing details for the vRealize Automation 8.x instances.
- Cloud Automation Environment Overview
- Cloud Automation Project Cost Overview
- Cloud Automation Resource Consumption Overview
- Cloud Automation Top-N Dashboard
Data Collection Enhancements in vRealize Automation for Pricing in vRealize Operations Manager
- Collect cloud zones with relation to clusters and resources pools from vRealize Automation to vRealize Operations Manager .
- Collect Projects from vRealize Automation with relation to deployments.
- Include project, cloud zone, and blueprint as properties in virtual machines that are deployed in vRealize Automation.
Upfront Price Support for vRealize Automation 8.x Private Cloud Components
vRealize Operations Manager supports upfront pricing for vRealize Automation 8.x in the following ways:
- vRealize Operations Manager uses rate cards to provide upfront cost estimates of catalog items just before deployment.
- vRealize Automation 8.x retrieves the deployment cost and estimated cost from vRealize Operations Manager .
- vRealize Automation user interface allows you to customize the pricing policies and assign them to the projects or cloud zones.
- If vRealize Automation does not specify the pricing policy, then the price is calculated using the vRealize Operations Manager cost calculation policy.
- If a custom pricing policy is set for a price calculation, then the deployment and upfront catalog price computation is done as per the custom policy.
Upfront Price Support for VMware Cloud on AWS Resources
- vRealize Operations Manager supports upfront pricing for VMware Cloud on AWS only if rate-based pricing is configured in vRealize Automation for VMware Cloud on AWS resources.
- vRealize Operations Manager does not support cost-based computation for VMware Cloud on AWS resources.