You can install or uninstall an agent on a VM using a script.
- Ensure that the end point is available in vRealize Operations Manager.
- Ensure that you have completed all the prerequisites. For more information, see Prerequisites.
- Ensure that the unzip package is available on the VM.
- Ensure that the user has access permissions to the download folder.
- Ensure that the guest IP is properly configured and is unique across vCenter Servers. If more than one VM with the same IP across vCenter Servers is monitored, the script cannot resolve and subscribe to application monitoring.
- Ensure that the cloud account is configured for the vCenter Server to which the VM belongs. The vCenter Server must be mapped with vRealize Application Remote Collector.
- Only IPv4 is supported at present.
- Log in to the VM on which you want to install/uninstall the agent and download the sample script from vRealize Application Remote Collector from the following location: https://<ApplicationRemoteCollectorIP>:8999/downloads/salt/download.sh.
Run one of the following commands:
wget --no-check-certificate https://<ApplicationRemoteCollectorIP>:8999/downloads/salt/download.sh curl -k “https://<ApplicationRemoteCollectorIP>:8999/downloads/salt/download.sh” --output download.shNote: Use the relevant vRealize Application Remote Collector IP address/FQDN for < ApplicationRemoteCollectorIP> in the preceding commands and location specified.
- Make the script executable by running the following command:
chmod +x download.sh
- To execute the script and install/uninstall the agent, run the following command:
./download.sh -o <operation> -v <vrops_ip_or_fqdn> -u <vrops_user> -p <vrops_password> [-d download_tmp_dir] Description of arguments: operation - Bootstrap operation. values: install, uninstall. vrops_ip_or_fqdn - IP/FQDN of vRealize Operations Manager. This can be the address of any vRealize Operations Manager node or VIP of vRealize Operations Manager. vrops_user - vRealize Operations Manager user. The user should have enough permissions. vrops_password - Password of vRealize Operations Manager. download_tmp_dir - Temporary directory to download agent related bits. It's an optional parameter. Default value: current directory.
To verify the bootstrap status, verify the uaf-bootstrap-results file.
If the script is successful, the agent status will be updated in the Manage Agents tab after one collection cycle that takes 5–10 minutes.Note: When you use an automation script, concurrent agent installation with a batch size of 20 is supported.