While troubleshooting, you can now quickly create an alert for a particular object type or a metric in a quick and efficient way.
You can create a simple alert definition from the following locations.
- In the Home page, click and select the metric for which you want to create an alert. You can create an alert from the Potential Evidence or the Metrics tab.
- In the Alerts page, click Triggered Alerts. Select an alert and click the Potential Evidence tab.
- Click the drop-down menu available in the right side of the widget and select the Create an Alert Definition option.
- In the Create Alert Definition page, enter the Name and Description of the alert.
- Set thresholds, criticality, and the number of wait cycles. Click Show Advanced Settings to set Wait Cycle and Cancel Cycle.
Note: The Object Type or Metric/Property are pre-selected and cannot be edited.
- Click Create.
The new alert is created and the policy the object belongs to and its children policies are enabled for the alert.