When users need to add a node to the vRealize Operations Manager cluster, you can generate a temporary passphrase instead of giving them the primary administrator login credentials, which might be a security issue.
A temporary passphrase is good for one use only.
Create and configure the primary node.
- In a Web browser, navigate to the vRealize Operations Manager administration interface at https://master-node-name-or-ip-address/admin.
- Log in with the admin user name and password for the master node.
- In the list of cluster nodes, select the master node.
- From the toolbar above the list, click the option to generate a passphrase.
- Enter a number of hours before the passphrase expires.
- Click Generate.
A random alphanumeric string appears, which you can send to a user who needs to add a node.
What to do next
Have the user supply the passphrase when adding a node.