You can perform remote installations to simultaneously deploy agents that use a single agent.properties file.
- Verify that the prerequisites in Install Multiple End Point Operations Management Agents Simultaneously are satisfied.
- Verify that you configured a standard agent properties file and copied it to the agent installation, or to a location available to the agent installation. See Create a Standard End Point Operations Management Agent Properties File.
- Create a hosts.txt file on your installation server that maps the hostname to the IP address of each platform on which you are installing an agent.
- Open a command-line shell on the installation server.
- Type the following command in the shell, supplying the correct name for the agent package in the export command.
$ export AGENT=epops-agent-x86-64-linux-1.0.0.tar.gz $ export PATH_TO_AGENT_INSTALL=</path/to/agent/install> $ for host in `cat hosts.txt`; do scp $AGENT $host:$PATH_TO_AGENT_INSTALL && ssh $host "cd $PATH_TO_AGENT_INSTALL; tar zxfp $AGENT && ./epops-agent-1.0.0/ep-agent.sh start"; done
- (Optional) If the target hosts have sequential names, for example host001, host002, host003, and so on, you can skip the hosts.txt file and use the seq command.
$ export AGENT=epops-agent-x86-64-linux-1.0.0.tar.gz $ for i in `seq 1 9`; do scp $AGENT host$i: && ssh host$i "tar zxfp $AGENT && ./epops-agent-1.0.0/ep-agent.sh start"; done
The agents register with the vRealize Operations Manager server and the agents run an autodiscovery scan to discover their host platform and supported managed products that are running on the platform.