You can edit the monthly cost of maintaining your cloud environment. Maintenance cost is categorized into hardware maintenance cost and operating system maintenance cost. Hardware maintenance cost is calculated as a percentage of the purchase cost of servers. Operating system maintenance cost is calculated as a percentage of the Windows licensing costs. You can snow specify a total fixed cost for maintenance in vRealize Operations Manager . The total maintenance cost is divided across all the hosts present in the data center.
- Click Administration and in the left pane click .
- In the Cost Drivers tab, click Maintenance.
- Select the required edit mode for changing the monthly maintenance cost.
- Edit for All Data centers - mode enables you to customize a single cost driver value for all the data centers. Any customizations done for the Specific data center mode are lost.
- Edit for specific Data Center - mode enables you to customize different cost driver values for different data centers. Any customizations done for All data centers mode are lost.
Note: When you select Edit for specific data center as the edit mode, then the select data center option is enabled. Select the data center from the drop-down menu
- To customize the maintenance cost for a specific server, click Edit For Individual Servers.
- Click +Add Cost Per Server.
- From the Select Server’s for customization drop-down select the required server and click Ok.
- Specify the Server Hardware Percentage and OS Percentage and click Save.
View the change in maintenance cost after you have run the cost calculation cycle.