The large deployment profile is intended for systems that manage 128,000 resources, 64,000 of which are enabled with High Availability. All adapters are deployed to remote controllers in large deployment profiles to offload CPU usage from the analytics cluster.
In addition, vRealize Application Remote Collector can be deployed to collect application level data for up to 6,000 end point VMs using Telegraf agents.
Virtual Appliance Names
The large deployment profile contains eight large analytics nodes, large remote collectors for adapters, and large remote collectors for Telegraf agents.
Deployment Profile Support
The large deployment profile supports the following configuration.
- 128,000 total resources, 64,000 enabled for HA
- 6,000 Telegraf agents
- 20,000 End Point Operations Management agents
- Data retention for six months
- Additional Time Series Retention for 36 months
Load Balanced Addresses
The certificate must be signed by a Certificate Authority. The Subject Alternative Name contains the following information.
- DNS Name = analytics.refarch.local
- DNS Name = epops.refarch.local
- DNS Name = analytics-1.ra.local to DNS Name = analytics-8.ra.local
- DNS Name = remote-1.ra.local to DNS Name = remote-N.ra.local
- DNS Name = epops-1.ra.lcoal to DNS Name = epops-N.ra.local
This is an example of a large deployment profile.
|Collector Group||Remote Collector||Adapter||Resources||End Point Operations Management Agents|
If a remote collector is lost from these collector groups, you might have to manually rebalance the adapters to comply with the limit of 32,000 resource for each remote collector.
The estimate of 9,600 resources uses six resources for each End Point Operations Management agent.