You can monitor and collect metrics for your application services and operating systems.
The following flowchart describes how you can set up vRealize Application Remote Collector and vRealize Operations Manager for application monitoring.
Follow these steps to monitor applications.
- Download and deploy vRealize Application Remote Collector by clicking the Download icon in the Application Remote Collector page.
For information about deploying vRealize Application Remote Collector, see Deploy vRealize Application Remote Collector.
- Complete all the prerequisites.
For more, see Prerequisites.
- Add and configure an application remote collector.
- Install agents on selected VMs.
For more information, see Install an Agent from the UI.
- Activate an application service.
For more information, see Activate an Application Service
- View the summary of application services and operating systems discovered in vRealize Operations Manager.
For more information about monitoring your applications in vRealize Operations Manager, see Summary of Discovered and Supported Operating Systems and Application Services.