You can monitor and collect metrics for your application services and operating systems.
The following flowchart describes how you can set up vRealize Operations Manager for application monitoring.
Follow these steps to monitor applications.
- Configure cloud proxy.
For more information, see Configuring Cloud Proxies in vRealize Operations Manager.
- Configure a vCenter Server cloud account. The cloud proxy you deploy in step 1, must be selected as a collector when you configure the vCenter Server cloud account.
For more information, see Configure a vCenter Server Cloud Account in vRealize Operations Manager
- Complete all the prerequisites.
For more, see Prerequisites.
- Install agents on selected VMs.
For more information, see Install an Agent from the UI.
- Activate an application service.
For more information, see Activate an Application Service
- View the summary of application services and operating systems discovered in vRealize Operations Manager.
For more information about monitoring your applications in vRealize Operations Manager, see Summary of Discovered and Supported Operating Systems and Application Services.