You can enable the VMware SDDC Benchmark to monitor objects for violation of vSphere Security Configuration Guide, vSAN Security Configuration Guide, NSX Security Configuration Guide (SDDC only). The score cards in the VMware SDDC Benchmark warn you when compliance alerts trigger on your vCenter Server instance, NSX-V objects, NSX-T objects, vSAN objects, ESXi hosts, virtual machines, distributed port groups, or distributed virtual switches.
- From the left menu, click to access the compliance page.
- To enable the Security Configuration Guides, select either the SDDC or the VMC SDDC tab depending on the environment where your objects are present.
- In the VMware SDDC Benchmarks section, click Enable under the vSphere Security Configuration Guide or vSAN Security Configuration Guide pane.
Note: To enable the NSX Security Configuration guide, you must first install the NSX for vSphere, or the NSX-T solution. For more details, see Add Solution Wizard .The Enable Policies dialog box opens.
- Select the policy that you want to modify. When there are child policies, you can select a child policy and unselect a parent policy. vRealize Operations modifies the selected policy and enables the alert definitions associated with the current scorecard.
- Click Enable to confirm your selection.
vRealize Operations starts to assess the objects based on the policy that you selected. To edit a policy, click Edit in the configuration guide pane and select a different policy.