You can enable Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) for vRealize Operations to make your environment FIPS compliant.
You can enable FIPS in the vRealize Operations cluster at the time of installation or after vRealize Operations is up and running. Adding FIPS at installation is less intrusive because the cluster has not yet started.
If the cluster is running, to enable FIPS, you must take the cluster offline. For more information, see vRealize Operations Cluster Management.
FIPS mode is supported in Cloud Proxy. You can continue using your cloud proxy after enabling FIPS for the vRealize Operations cluster.
- In a Web browser, navigate to the master node administration interface. https://master-node-name-or-ip-address/admin.
- Enter the vRealize Operations Manager administrator username of admin.
- Enter the vRealize Operations Manager administrator password and click Log In.
- Click Administrator Settings.
Note: The Enable FIPS button is disabled when the cluster is running.
- Click Enable FIPS after you take your cluster offline.
Note: Once you enable FIPS, you cannot disable the FIPS mode in the current setup. To revert to a FIPS disabled setup, you must re-deploy vRealize Operations.
- In the Are you sure you want to enable FIPS dialog box, read the note and provide your consent for enabling FIPS and then click Yes.
Note: Once you enable FIPS, the cluster restarts and is not be available during this time. The cluster nodes are rebooted and once the cluster is online, all the nodes are FIPS enabled.