Adapters and management packs have specific configuration considerations.
- Normal Adapters
- Normal adapters require a one-way communication to the monitored endpoint. Deploy normal adapters into collector groups, which are sized to handle a failover.
Following is a sample list of adapters provided by VMware for
vRealize Operations. Additional adapters can be found on the VMware Solutions Exchange website.
- VMware vSphere
- Management Pack for NSX for vSphere
- Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Management Pack for Storage Devices
- Management Pack for Log Insight
- Hybrid Adapters
- Hybrid adapters require a two-way communication between the adapter and the monitored endpoint.
- You must deploy hybrid adapters to a dedicated remote collector. Configure only one hybrid adapter type for each remote collector. You cannot configure hybrid adapters as part of a collector group. For example, two vRealize Operations for Published Applications adapters can exist on the same node, and two vRealize Operations for Horizon adapters can exist on the same node, but a vRealize Operations for Published Applications adapter and a vRealize Operations for Horizon adapter cannot exist on the same node.
Several hybrid adapters are available for
- vRealize Operations for Horizon adapter
- vRealize Operations for Published Applications adapter
- Management Pack for vRealize Hyperic