You can install an agent on a VM using a script.
- Ensure that the end point is available in vRealize Operations.
- Ensure that you have completed all the prerequisites. For more information, see Prerequisites.
- Ensure that the unzip package is available on the VM.
- Ensure that the user has access permissions to the download folder.
- Ensure that the Windows PowerShell is >= 4.0.
- Ensure that the guest IP is properly configured and is unique across vCenter Servers. If more than one VM with the same IP across vCenter Servers is monitored, the script cannot resolve and subscribe to application monitoring.
- Ensure that the cloud account is configured for the vCenter Server to which the VM belongs. The vCenter Server must be mapped with cloud proxy.
- Ensure that port 443 in vRealize Operations is accessible to the end point.
- Ensure that the vRealize Operations user has the following permissions:
- All other Read, Write APIs
- Read access to APIs
- Manage Application Monitoring
- Bootstrap virtual machines
- Download bootstrap
- Only IPv4 is supported at present.
- Ensure that VMTools version >=10.2.
- Log in to the VM on which you want to install/uninstall the agent and download the sample script from cloud proxy from the following location: https://<CloudProxy>/downloads/salt/download.ps1
If the script download fails with the following message: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel, follow the steps mentioned in Script Download Fails on a Windows Platform.Run one of the following commands:
Invoke-WebRequest "https://<CloudProxy>/downloads/salt/download.ps1" -OutFile download.ps1 wget --no-check-certificate https://<CloudProxy>/downloads/salt/download.ps1Note: Use the relevant cloud proxy IP address/FQDN for <CloudProxy> in the preceding commands and location specified.
- To execute the script and install/uninstall the agent, run the following command:
powershell -file .\download.ps1 -o <operation> -v <vrops_ip_or_fqdn> -u <vrops_user> -p <vrops_password> [-d download_tmp_dir] [-c cloud_proxy_ip] Description of arguments: operation - Bootstrap operation. values: install, uninstall. vrops_ip_or_fqdn - IP/FQDN of vRealize Operations. This can be the address of any vRealize Operations node or VIP of vRealize Operations. vrops_user - vRealize Operations user. The user should have enough permissions. vrops_password - Password of vRealize Operations. download_tmp_dir - Temporary directory to download agent related bits. It is an optional parameter. Default value: current directory. cloud_proxy_ip - Cloud proxy IP on which the AppOS Adapter instance will be created. It is an optional parameter. Default value: Cloud proxy where the vCenter adapter resides.
To verify the bootstrap status, verify the uaf-bootstrap-results file.
If the script is successful, the agent status will be updated in the Manage Telegraf Agents tab after one collection cycle that takes 5–10 minutes.Note: When you use an automation script, concurrent agent installation with a batch size of 20 is supported.