After you log in to vRealize Operations from a web browser, you see the Quick Start page. You can set any dashboard to be the landing page instead of the Quick Start page. Click the Actions menu on a dashboard that you want to set as the landing page and select Set as Home landing page. To remove the dashboard as the home landing page, click the Actions menu on the relevant dashboard and select Reset from Home landing page.
The Quick Start page provides an overview of key areas of vRealize Operations.
Quick Start Page Before Cloud Accounts Are Configured
When you log in to vRealize Operations and no cloud accounts are configured, the Quick Start page displays guided tours in the Optimize Performance, Optimize Capacity, Troubleshoot, and Manage Configuration sections. Watch these guided tours to understand how the product functions. If your user account does not have administrative rights, then the Quick Start page prompts you to contact the administrator for configuration of cloud accounts.
If you have logged in using an administrative account, you must set the currency in the Global Settings page. From the left menu, click , and then click the Global Settings tile. You can do so from the message that you see in the Quick Start page when you log in for the first time. Optionally, you can close the message. Once you set a currency, you cannot change it. As an administrator, you must also first set up a cloud account or configure an adapter before you can start using vRealize Operations. Until you do so, you see links to guided tours about vRealize Operations.
After logging in, if you see a message like, "vRealize Operations Manager internal certificates will expire on dd/mm/yyyy. Please install a new certificate before the expiry date. For details, see KB 71018" in the Quick Start page, you must upgrade your internal certificates for vRealize Operations using the certificate renewal PAK file from the vRealize Operations Administrator interface. For more information, see the following KB article 71018.
Quick Start Page After Cloud Accounts Are Configured
When you log in to vRealize Operations after the cloud accounts or adapter instances are configured, and the initial setup is complete, the Quick Start displays the following sections.
- Optimize Performance
- Displays links to workload optimization, right sizing, recommendations, and optimization history.
- Optimize Capacity
- Displays links to assess capacity, reclaim resources, plan scenarios, assess costs and optimize cost.
- Displays links to the troubleshooting workbench, alerts, logs, dashboards and applications.
- Manage Configuration
- Displays links to the compliance, configuration of virtual machines, hosts, clusters and distributed switches, and the sustainability dashboards.
The other tiles you can see are:
- Extend Monitoring
Displays links to the following VMware website:
- True Visibility Suite
- SDDC Management Health
- vRealize Operations Aggregator
- Explore vRealize Operations REST APIs
- Learn and Evaluate
Displays links to the following sites:
- Introduction to vRealize Operations
- Evaluate vRealize Suite
- vRealize Operations Guided Tour
- Additional Learning
- Evaluate Sample Dashboards
- Browse and download code samples from VMware