You can install or uninstall an agent on an end point VM using a script.
- The end point VM must be available in vRealize Operations Cloud.
- Complete all the prerequisites. For more information, see Prerequisites.
- The unzip package must be available on the end point VM.
- The user must have access permissions to the download folder.
- The guest IP must be properly configured and should be unique across vCenter Servers. If more than one end point VM with the same IP across vCenter Servers is monitored, the script cannot resolve and subscribe to application monitoring.
- The cloud account must be configured for the vCenter Server to which the end point VM belongs. The application monitoring adapter that is mapped to the vCenter Server is created if it does not exist.
- The vRealize Operations Cloud Gateway and vRealize Operations Cloud CSP Authentication URLs must be reachable from the end point VMs.
- The user must have the following permissions:
Note: To check permissions, navigate to , select the role to which the user is assigned. You can view the permissions on the right side at the end of the page.
- Administration > REST-APIs > All other Read, Write APIs
- Administration > REST-APIs > Read access to APIs
- Environment > Applications > Manage Telegraf Agent
- Environment > Actions > Bootstrap virtual machines
- Environment > Actions > Download bootstrap
- Only IPv4 is supported at present.
- VMTools version must be >=10.2.
- Log in to the end point VM on which you want to install/uninstall the agent and download the sample script from cloud proxy from the following location: https://<CloudProxy>/downloads/salt/download.sh. Run one of the following commands:
wget --no-check-certificate “https://<CloudProxy>/downloads/salt/download.sh” curl -k “https://<CloudProxy>/downloads/salt/download.sh” --output download.shNote: Use the relevant cloud proxy IP address/FQDN for <CloudProxy> in the preceding commands and location specified.
- Make the script executable by running the following command:
chmod +x download.sh
- Create the user's refresh token associated with the current organization from the following location in the Cloud Service portal: User/Organization Settings > My Account > API Tokens > Generate a New API Token
- To execute the script and install/uninstall the agent, run the following command:
./download.sh -o <operation> -t <refreshToken> [-d download_tmp_dir] [-c cloud_proxy_ip] Description of arguments: operation - Bootstrap operation. values: install, uninstall. refresh_token - Refresh token of the user that was generated in the previous step. download_tmp_dir - Temporary directory to download agent related bits. It is an optional parameter. Default value: current directory. cloud_proxy_ip - Cloud proxy IP on which the AppOS Adapter instance will be created. It is an optional parameter. Default value: Cloud proxy where the vCenter adapter resides.
To verify the bootstrap status, view the uaf-bootstrap-results file. If the installation fails, look for error messages in uaf_bootstrap.log.
If the script is successful, the agent status will be updated in the Manage Telegraf Agents tab after one collection cycle that takes 5–10 minutes.Note: When you use an automation script, concurrent agent installation with a batch size of 20 is supported.