In vRealize Operations Cloud you can track the cost savings using reclamation suggestions. Using the reclamation option, you can view the cost, capacity, and allocation metrics related to individual data centers. The metrics provides an estimate of the potential savings achieved through vRealize Operations Cloud.
You can track the realized cost savings and actual capacity reclaimed for data centers, in the following scenarios.
- Reclaim the cost for Idle VMs by deleting the VM.
- Reclaim the cost for Powered off VMs by deleting the VM.
- Reclaim the cost for Idle VMs by powering off the VM.
- Reclaim the cost for snapshots VMs by deleting the snapshot.
- Reclaim the cost for orphaned disks by deleting the orphaned disk space.
- Reclaim the cost by removing vCPU and Memory from an oversized VM.
- Reclaim the cost by removing a host from the vCenter.