After the installation, configure an instance for this management pack.
- Install the Management Pack for Google Cloud Platform.
- Obtain the service account JSON file. See, Creating a Service Account.
- Determine the services for which you collect metrics. See, Supported GCP Services. The default value * includes all services in your subscription. If you do not want to subscribe to all services, you can specify service identifiers in the Services field.
- Determine the regions to which you subscribe. The default value * includes all regions in your subscription. If you do not want to subscribe to all regions, you can specify region identifiers in the Regions field.
Table 1. Region-Friendly Name Region Identifier Asia Pacific (Taiwan) asia-east1 Asia Pacific (Hong Kong) asia-east2 Asia Pacific (Tokyo) asia-northeast1 Asia Pacific (Osaka) asia-northeast2 Asia Pacific (Seoul) asia-northeast3 Asia Pacific (Mumbai) asia-south1 Asia Pacific (Singapore) asia-southeast1 Asia Pacific (Sydney) australia-southeast1 EU (Finland) europe-north1 EU (Belgium) europe-west1 EU (London) europe-west2 EU (Frankfurt) europe-west3 EU (Netherlands) europe-west4 EU (Zürich) europe-west6 South America(Canada) northamerica-northeast1 South America (Osasco) southamerica-east1 Iowa (Central) us-central1 US East (South Carolina) us-east1 US East (Northern Virginia) us-east4 US West (Oregon) us-west1 US West (Los Angeles) us-west2 US West (Salt Lake City) us-west3 ASIA (Multi-regions) asia EU (Multi-regions) eu US (Multi-regions) us
- Determine any denylist or allowlist filters. These filters use regular expressions to filter in or out specific objects by name. For example, a allow list filter of .
*indows.*allows only objects with a name including "indows". A denylist filter of .
*indows.*filters out all objects with that string in their name.
- From the left menu, click .
- On the Accounts tab, click Add Account, and on the Accounts Types page, select GCP.
- Configure the adapter instance.
Option Action Name The name for the adapter instance. Description (Optional) The description of the adapter instance.
- Configure the connection.
Option Action Project Id Enter the project ID for the Google Cloud Platform service account. Services Select the services from which you want to capture metrics. If you want to collect metrics for specific services, then click the drop-down icon and select one or more services. If you do not select any of the services, the metrics for all the services are collected. For more information on supported GCP services, see Supported GCP Services. Regions Select the regions you want to subscribe to. If you want to subscribe to specific regions, then click the drop-down icon and select one or more regions. If you want to subscribe to all the regions, do not select any of the regions in this field. Credential Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials to access this management pack environment, click the plus sign.
- Enter a name for the credential values you are creating. This is not the name of the adapter instance, but a friendly name for the Service account JSON file credential.
- Enter the service account private key downloaded as a JSON file.
- (Optional) Enter any required local proxy information for your network.
- The proxy information enables vRealize Operations Cloud that is deployed on a local network to have public network access for GCP to collect statistics for its accounts.
- vRealize Operations Cloud supports only basic auth.
Collector / Group Select the collector on which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default is selected for optimal data collection.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Advanced Settings to configure advanced settings.
Option Action Support Auto Discovery
Set this option to true for automatic discovery of the Google Cloud Platform services. If you set this value to false, when you create an adapter instance you must perform manual discovery of services.
Allowed List Regex
Add regular expressions to allow only objects with names that fit the criteria you specify.
Blocked List Regex Add regular expressions to filter objects by name.
- To initiate the authentication request, click Validate Connection.
- Click Save.
The adapter instance is added to the list.
What to do next
|Where to View the Information||Information to View|
|Collection status and state in the Integrations page||The strings Collecting or Data receiving appear approximately 10 minutes after you have configured the adapter.|
|Environment Overview||The objects related to the Google Cloud Platform are added to the inventory.|
|Dashboards||The Google Cloud Platform dashboards are added to vRealize Operations Cloud.|