You can configure the adapter instances and add the vRealize Operations and vRealize Operations Cloud instances that you want to monitor.
- From the left menu, click .
- Under the Accounts tab, click Add Account.
- On the Account Types page, click the Cloud Federation Adapter.
- Enter the display name and the description of the adapter.
- In the Organization ID field, enter the VMware Cloud Services ID, if you are creating an instance that monitors vRealize Operation Cloud.
Note: The Organization ID must be left empty if you are creating an instance that monitors vRealize Operations.
- Enter the Host name or the IP address of the vRealize Operations or vRealize Operations Cloud source.
Note: While entering the URL for the vRealize Operations Cloud source, ensure you enter the URL in the format
- Select and add the credential you want to use from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials, click the plus sign.
From the Credential Kind drop-down:
- If you want to monitor the vRealize Operations instances, Select the API Token Credentials and enter the credentials.
- If you want to monitor vRealize Operations Cloud instances, Select the Principal Credentials and enter the credentials.
- From the Collector / Group drop-down, select Default Collector Group to monitor the vRealize Operations Cloud instances.
To monitor vRealize Operations instances, select the appropriate cloud proxies from the collector / group drop-down.
- Click Validate Connection to verify if the configuration is successful.
- Click Add.
The Cloud Federation Adapter is added to the list.