You can make vSAN operational in a production environment by using dashboards to evaluate, manage, and optimize the performance of vSAN objects and vSAN-enabled objects in your vCenter Server system.
vSAN extends the following features:
- Discovers vSAN disk groups in a vSAN datastore.
- Identifies the vSAN-enabled cluster compute resource, host system, and datastore objects in a vCenter Server system.
- Automatically adds related vCenter Server components that are in the monitoring state.
- Support for vSAN datastores in workload optimization with cross-cluster rebalance actions.
- You can move VMs from one vSAN datastore to another vSAN datastore.
- You can optimize the container if all the vSAN clusters are not in resync state.
- VMs with different storage policies for each disk or VMs with different types of storage for each disk will not be moved.
- You can generate a rebalance plan only if sufficient disk space is available at the destination vSAN datastore (The vSAN datastore slack space will also be considered).
- The storage policy assigned to the VM will be considered during the workload optimization (Compatibility check is performed against the storage policy).
- VM migration from vSAN datastore to vSAN stretched clusters is not supported.