The Cluster Configuration dashboard provides a quick overview of your vSphere cluster configurations. The dashboard highlights the areas that are important in delivering performance and availability to your virtual machines. The dashboard also highlights if there are clusters which are not configured for DRS, High Availability (HA), or admission control to avoid any resource bottlenecks or availability issues when a host fails.
The heat map in this dashboard helps you to identify if you have hosts where vMotion was not enabled as this may not allow the VMs to move from or to that host. This may cause potential performance issues for the VMs on that host if the host gets too busy. You can also view how consistently your clusters are sized and whether the hosts on each of those clusters are consistently configured.
The Cluster Properties widget in this dashboard allows you to report on all these parameters by exporting the data. You can share the data with the relevant stakeholders within your organization.
- vSphere DRS Status, vSphere HA Status, and HA Admission Control Status: Use these widgets to view if there are clusters that are not configured for DRS, HA, or admission control. With the information, you can avoid resource bottlenecks or availability issues when a host fails.
- Is vMotion enabled on hosts in a cluster: Use this widget to identify if you have hosts where vMotion was not enabled. If vMotion is not enabled, the VMs do not move from or to the host and causes potential performance issues in the VMs on that host if the host gets too busy.
- Host Count across Clusters: Use this widget to view all the clusters in your environment. If the clusters have a consistent number of hosts, the boxes displayed are of equal size. This representation helps you determine whether there is a large deviation among cluster sizes, whether there is a small cluster with fewer than four hosts, or whether there is a large cluster. Operationally, keep your clusters consistent and of moderate size.
- Attributes of ESXi Hosts in the Selected Cluster: Use this widget to view the configuration details for the hosts within a cluster.
- All Clusters Properties: Use this widget to view the properties for all the clusters in the widget.