You can customize the licensing cost associated with your host using the custom license assignment option. Based on your requirement you can add or delete different operating system licenses to your host. With the custom license assignment option, you can increase or decrease the licensing cost associated with your host.
- From the left menu, click Configure and then click Cost Settings.
- In the Cost Drivers tab, click License.
- Select the required edit mode for changing the monthly license cost.
- Edit for All Data centers - mode enables you to customize a single cost driver value for all the data centers. Any customizations done for the Specific data center mode are lost.
- Edit for specific Data Center - mode enables you to customize different cost driver values for different data centers. Any customizations done for All data centers mode are lost.
Note: When you select Edit for specific data center as the edit mode, then the select data center option is enabled. Select the data center from the drop-down menu
- To customize the license cost for a specific server, click Customize License Assignment.
- Select the host for which you want to customize the license cost and click Assign.
- From the drop-down menu, select the operation system and click Ok.
The new operating system is listed under the Current Assignment column.
- To remove an existing operating system from the host, under Current Assignment click X icon next to the operating system.
The license cost of the removed operating system is reduced from the total cost.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the Cost Calculation Status tab and click Run.
|Server||You can select the server for which you want to customize the license cost.|
|Current Assignment||Displays the current operating systems associated with the host.|
|Default Assignment||Displays the default operating systems associated with the host.|
|Filter||Filters the hosts based on the operating system type.|
|Reset||Resets the license cost of the host to the default value.|