The Delete Powered Off VM action in vRealize Operations Cloud removes selected virtual machines that are in a powered off state from your vCenter Server instances. Use this action to reclaim redundant resources.
How the Action Works
The Delete Powered Off VM action removes virtual machines from the vCenter Server instances. If the virtual machine is powered on, the action does not delete the virtual machine.
Where You Run the Action
- Embedded just below the top menu.
- From the left menu click Details tab, and click Views. , select an object, click the
- From the left menu click Environment tab, and select an object in the list view. . Select an object, click the
- From the left menu click Environment and then click Inventory. Select an object in the list.
- In configured alert recommendations.
- In the Object List and Topology Graph dashboard widgets.
To ensure that you are submitting the action for the right objects, review the following information.
Check box indicates whether the action is applied to the object. To not run the action on one or more objects, deselect the associated check boxes. This option is available when two or more objects are selected.
Name of the virtual machine as it appears in the environment inventory.
Indicates whether the virtual machine is powered on or powered off.
|Disk Space||Amount of disk space currently consumed by the virtual machine.|
|Snapshot Space||Amount of disk space currently consumed by the virtual machine snapshots.|
|Memory (MB)||Amount of memory allocated to the virtual machine.|
|CPU Count||Number of CPUs currently configured for the virtual machine.|
Name of the host on which the virtual machine is running.
Name of the VMware Adapter as it is configured in vRealize Operations Cloud. The adapter manages the communication with the vCenter Server instance.
After you click OK, the next dialog box provides the task ID and a link to the task list.
|Recent Tasks||To view the status of the job and verify that the job finished, click Recent Tasks.|
|OK||To close the dialog box without further action, click OK.|