You can export workflows, policies, actions, plug-in references, resources, Web views, and configuration elements in packages. All elements that an element in a package implements are added to the package automatically, to ensure compatibility between versions. If you do not want to add the referenced elements, you can delete them in the package editor.
Verify that the Orchestrator server contains elements such as workflows, actions, and policies that you can add to a package.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Packages view.
- Right-click in the left pane and select Add package.
- Type the name of the new package and click Ok.
The syntax for package names is domain.your_company.folder.package_name.
For example, com.vmware.myfolder.mypackage.
- Right-click the package and select Edit.
The package editor opens.
- On the General tab, add a description for the package.
- On the Workflows tab, add workflows to the package.
Click Insert Workflows (list search) to search for and select workflows in a selection dialog box.
Click Insert Workflows (tree browsing) to browse and select folders of workflows from the hierarchical list.
- On the Policy Templates, Actions, Web View, Configurations, Resources, and Used Plug-Ins tabs, add policy templates, actions, Web views, configuration elements, resource elements, and plug-ins to the package.
- Click Save and close to exit the editor.
You created a package and added elements to it.
What to do next
Set user permissions for this package.