This workflow validates the SSH connection to the Puppet Master.
About this task
The workflow also refreshes the Puppet Master cached information in the Puppet plug-in such as, the Puppet Master version information stored in the vRealize Orchestrator inventory.
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that a Puppet Master is available.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Run or Design.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client left pane.
- Select .
- Right-click the Validate a Puppet Master workflow and select Start workflow.
- Click the Puppet Master text box to select a Puppet Master.
The Inventory dialog-box opens.
- Expand the Puppet plug-in.
- Select the Puppet Master to validate and click Select.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
If the login credential information is incorrect, the workflow displays the error message, java.lang.RuntimeException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel.
You also receive an error message from the workflow if the SSH connection to the Puppet Master is not working or the Puppet Master is disabled.
Troubleshoot and fix the connection or invalid credential problem and rerun the validation workflow. Remove the disabled Puppet Master and rerun the validation workflow. See Remove a Puppet Master.