If the version of your vCenter Server is earlier than version 4.0, you must add the license key manually.
Verify that the Orchestrator database is not embedded. Otherwise, the Licenses tab is dimmed.
Import the SSL certificate for the licensed vCenter Server host. See Import the vCenter Server SSL Certificate.
- Log in to the Orchestrator configuration interface as vmware.
- Click Licenses.
- On the vCenter Server License tab, select Add vCenter Server license manually.
- In the Serial number text box, type your vCenter Server license key.
- In the License owner text box, type a name for the owner of the license.
- Click Apply changes.
- Start the Orchestrator server.