You can customize the LDAP search queries and make searching in LDAP more effective.
- Log in to the Orchestrator configuration interface as vmware.
- Click Authentication.
- Select LDAP Authentication from the Authentication mode drop-down menu.
- In the Request timeout text box, type a value in milliseconds.
This value determines the period during which the Orchestrator server sends a query to the service directory, the directory searches, and sends a reply. If the timeout period elapses, modify this value to check whether the timeout occurs in the Orchestrator server.
- (Optional) For all links to be followed before the search operation is performed, select the Dereference links check box.
Sun Java System Directory Server does not support reference links. If you are using it, you must select the Dereference links check box.
- (Optional) To filter the attributes that the search returns, select the Filter attributes check box.
Selecting this check box makes searching in LDAP faster. However, you might need to use some extra LDAP attributes for automation later.
- (Optional) Select the Ignore referrals check box to disable referral handling.
When you select the check box, the system does not display any referrals.
- In the Host reachable timeout text box, type a value in milliseconds.
This value determines the timeout period for the test checking the status of the destination host.
- Click Apply changes.
On the Authentication tab, the red triangle changes to a green circle to indicate that the component is now configured correctly.
What to do next
Configure the database. For more information, see Configuring the Orchestrator Database Connection.