You start the weboperator Web view from the Orchestrator client.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Web Views view.
The weboperator Web view and any other Web views that you have imported into Orchestrator appear.
- Right-click weboperator and select Publish.
- Open a browser and go to http://orchestrator_server:8280.
In the URL, orchestrator_server is the DNS name or IP address of the Orchestrator server, and 8280 is the default port number where Orchestrator publishes Web views.
- On the Orchestrator home page, click Web View List.
- Click weboperator.
- Log in using your Orchestrator user name and password.
- Expand the hierarchical list of workflows to navigate through the workflows in the Orchestrator library.
- Click a workflow in the hierarchical list to display information about the workflow in the right pane.
- In the right pane, select whether to run the workflow now or at a later time.
Run the workflow now
Click Start Workflow to run the workflow.
Provide the required input parameters and click Submit to run the workflow.
Run the workflow at a later time
Click Schedule Workflow to run the workflow at a later time.
Provide the time, date, and recurrence information to set when and how often to run the workflow and click Next.
Provide the required input parameters and click Submit to schedule the workflow.
You can use the weboperator Web view to run workflows on objects in your inventory from a Web browser rather than from the Orchestrator client.
What to do next
If you only need a Web view to access the inventory and run workflows, the standard weboperator Web view should meet your requirements. If you require more complex functionality from a Web view, you can use the Web components and default Web view template that Orchestrator provides to develop custom Web views.