Instead of creating a Web view from the beginning, you can create a Web view from a resource element template that you or another developer has imported to the Orchestrator server.
About this task
A Web view template ZIP file that a developer has defined as a resource element is available to all developers who connect to the Orchestrator server.
Orchestrator must define a Web view template that you or another developer has imported to the server as a resource element.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Web Views view.
- Right-click in the white space in the Web view list and select .
- Press the Enter key in the Filter text box to display a list of all the resource elements that the Orchestrator server defines.
- Select the Web view template ZIP file from the list of resource elements and click Select.
- Provide an appropriate name for the new Web view in the Create Web View dialog box and click OK.
- Right-click the Web view in the Web view list and select Edit.
The Web view editor opens.
- On the General tab, set the URL folder value to include a suffix for the URL on which Orchestrator will publish the Web view.
For example, if you set the URL folder to MyWebView, Orchestrator publishes the Web view at https://orchestrator_server:8280/vco/vmo/webview_name/, where orchestrator_server is the IP address or DNS name of the machine on which the Orchestrator server is running.
By default, the name of the URL folder matches the Web view name, but you can change this value.Note:
If the Orchestrator server is running in Web view development mode, the URL folder value must match the name of the working folder in which you are developing the Web view.
- Click the Version digits to increment the version number for the Web view.
The Version Comment dialog box opens.
- Type a comment for this version of the Web view and click OK.
For example, type Initial creation if you created the Web view.
- On the General tab, type a description of the Web view in the Description text box .
- Click Save and close to close the Web view editor.
You created a new Web view from a Web view template that you or another developer has defined as a resource element.
What to do next
Export the contents of the new Web view to a working folder to modify them, and edit the Web view settings and attributes in the Orchestrator client.