You can create a Web view by creating a Web view skeleton. A Web view skeleton contains no HTML files or Web view components, and requires you to create these elements using Web development tools.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Web Views view.
- Right-click in the white space in the Web view list and select Add web view.
- Type a name for the Web view in the Create Web View text box and click OK.
- Right-click the Web view in the Web view list and select Edit.
The Web view editor opens.
- On the General tab, set the URL folder value to include a suffix for the URL on which Orchestrator will publish the Web view.
For example, if you set the URL folder to MyWebView, Orchestrator publishes the Web view at https://orchestrator_server:8280/vco/vmo/webview_name/, where orchestrator_server is the IP address or DNS name of the machine on which the Orchestrator server is running.
By default, the name of the URL folder matches the Web view name, but you can change this value.Note:
If the Orchestrator server is running in Web view development mode, the URL folder value must match the name of the working folder in which you are developing the Web view.
- Click the Version digits to increment the version number for the Web view.
The Version Comment dialog box opens.
- Type a comment for this version of the Web view and click OK.
For example, type Initial creation if you created the Web view.
- On the General tab, type a description of the Web view in the Description text box .
- Click Save and close to close the Web view editor.
You created a Web view skeleton that does not yet contain any HTML pages or Web view components. If you export the Web view skeleton to a working folder, the only file it contains is the VSO-WEBVIEW-INF\.webview.xml file, which sets the Web view name and ID.
What to do next
You must add HTML pages and Web view components to the Web view.