You can reduce the amount of development work by creating a Web view from a template.
About this task
A Web view template is a ZIP file that contains all the files and components of an existing Web view that you can use as the basis from which to create a new Web view. Orchestrator provides a default Web view template that you can use as the starting point for Web view development.
You must have exported an existing Web view to use as a template. Alternatively, you can use the default Web view template that Orchestrator provides.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Web Views view.
- Right-click in the white space in the Web view list and select .
- Navigate to a Web view template ZIP file and click Open.
Orchestrator provides a default Web view template at the following location on the Orchestrator server.
If you installed the standalone version of Orchestrator
Go to install_directory\VMware\Orchestrator\apps\webviewTemplates\default_webview.zip
If vCenter Server installed Orchestrator
Go to install_directory\VMware\Infrastructure\Orchestrator\apps\webviewTemplates\default_webview.zip
- Type a name for the new Web view in the Create Web View dialog box and click OK.
By default, the new Web view name is web_view_template_name_FromTemplate.
- Right-click the Web view in the Web view list and select Edit.
The Web view editor opens.
- On the General tab, set the URL folder value to include a suffix for the URL on which Orchestrator will publish the Web view.
For example, if you set the URL folder to MyWebView, Orchestrator publishes the Web view at https://orchestrator_server:8280/vco/vmo/webview_name/, where orchestrator_server is the IP address or DNS name of the machine on which the Orchestrator server is running.
By default, the name of the URL folder matches the Web view name, but you can change this value.Note:
If the Orchestrator server is running in Web view development mode, the URL folder value must match the name of the working folder in which you are developing the Web view.
- Click the Version digits to increment the version number for the Web view.
The Version Comment dialog box opens.
- Type a comment for this version of the Web view and click OK.
For example, type Initial creation if you created the Web view.
- On the General tab, type a description of the Web view in the Description text box .
- Click Save and close to close the Web view editor.
You created a new Web view from a Web view template.
What to do next
Export the contents of the new Web view to a working folder to modify them, and edit the Web view settings and attributes in the Orchestrator client.