With Web view attributes, you can pass objects to Web view components. The functions that the Web view components define act on these objects to perform the orchestration actions that you run from the Web view.
About this task
A Web view attribute can be an object of any type that the Orchestrator API supports. For example, a Web view attribute can be a VC:VirtualMachine object. A Web view component can define a function that requires this object as an attribute. For example, when a user clicks a button in a Web view, a Web view component associated to that button runs a workflow that starts a virtual machine. A Web view attribute provides the virtual machine object to the workflow that the Web view component starts.
Create or import a Web view in the Orchestrator client.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Web Views view.
- Right-click the Web view and select Edit.
- Click the Attributes tab in the Web view editor.
- Right-click in the Attributes tab and select Add attribute.
- Click the attribute name and type a name.
- Click the attribute Type link and select the attribute type from the list.
- Click the attribute Value link and type or select the value of the attribute.
You type or select the attribute value depending on the type of the attribute.
- Click Save and Close to exit the Web view editor.
You defined attributes that direct the Web view to the objects in the Orchestrator server on which it performs tasks.
What to do next
Add a resource element to a Web view.