The vco:ListPane component refers to Web view attributes that provide an action to obtain an array of virtual machines from the server and the virtual machine folder from which to obtain them.
You added the
vco:ListPane component to the default.html Web view file.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- In the Web Views view, right-click the Virtual Machine Manager Web view and select Edit.
- Click the Attributes tab in the Web view editor.
- Right-click in the Attributes tab and select Add attribute.
- Click the attribute name and type getVirtualMachineList.
- Click the attribute Type link and select Action from the list.
- Click the attribute Value link and search for and select the getAllVirtualMachinesByFolder action.
The getAllVirtualMachinesByFolder action returns an array of VC:VirtualMachine objects.
- Right-click in the Attributes tab and select Add attribute to create the following Web view attribute:
Value: a virtual machine folder that you select from the vCenter Server inventory
If you install the Virtual Machine Manager Web view from the Orchestrator samples bundle, you must edit the vmFolder attribute to point to a virtual machine folder in your vCenter Server before you publish the Web view.
- Click Save and Close to exit the Web view editor.
- Open the Virtual Machine Manager Web view in a browser at https://orchestrator_server:8280/vco/vmo/
The Virtual Machine Manager Web view displays a list of virtual machines.
The Virtual Machine Manager Web view uses the
getVirtualMachineList Web view attribute to obtain the list of virtual machines from the virtual machine folder that the
vmFolder attribute defines. However, clicking on a virtual machine in the list returns an error, as you did not define how to obtain and display the virtual machine information.
What to do next
Create a Web view component to obtain and display information about a virtual machine when you click it in the list.