To be able to manage vCloud Director instances by using the vCloud Director plug-in, you must configure the connection parameters for each vCloud Director instance.
Using the Network tab of the Orchestrator configuration interface, import the SSL certificate for the vCloud Director instance that you want to connect.
Synchronize the time on the virtual machines on which the Orchestrator server, vCloud Director server and Single Sign On server are installed. To synchronize the time, see Synchronize the Time by Using the vSphere Web Client.
- Log in to the Orchestrator client and select Design or Run from the drop-down menu in the top left corner.
- Click the Workflows view in left pane of the Orchestrator client.
- Expand the hierarchical list to and navigate to the Add a connection workflow.
- Right-click the Add a connection workflow and select Start workflow.
- In the Host text box, type the IP address or the DNS name of the vCloud Director instance.
- In the Port text box, type the port number.
The default port is 443.
- Select whether to enable the new connection.
- In the Max. Connections text box, type the maximum number of concurrent connections to the vCloud Director instance.
- In the Connection timeout (ms) text box, type the timeout interval in milliseconds.
- Click Next.
- Select the authentication method for managing user access on the vCloud Director instance.
Per User Session
Select this option if your vCloud Director is in an Active Directory domain. Make sure that the user has the necessary permissions to perform the required operations.Caution:
Each user who logs in to Orchestrator creates a new session to the vCloud Director instance. Multiple sessions can rapidly strain CPU, memory, and bandwidth.
Select this option to allow Orchestrator to create only one connection to the vCloud Director instance. Type the credentials of a user who is a vCloud Director administrator.Note:
If the authentication data comes from LDAP or Single Sign On, make sure the vCloud Director organization is configured with the same LDAP or Single Sign On instance and the user is imported in this organization.
- Select whether to use SAML authentication and provide the needed details.
Provides basic authentication
Provides SAML authentication
- In the Organization text box, type the name of the organization that users can access, and click Submit.
Type System if you want administrators to be able to run User API, Admin API, and Admin Extensions API operations in all organizations on the vCloud Director instance.
Type the name of a specific organization if you want administrators to be able to run only User API and Admin API operations in the specified organization.
- Repeat 4 through 13 for each vCloud Director instance.