You can run a workflow to a vCloud Automation Center host and configure the host connection parameters.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Run or Design.
- Click the Workflows view.
- Select .
- Right-click the Add a vCAC host workflow and select Start workflow.
- Enter a unique name for the host in the Host Name text box.
- Enter the URL address of the host in the Host URL text box.
For example: https://hostname.
- (Optional) : Enter the name of the tenant in the Tenant text box.
To use the full functionality of the plug-in for a tenant, create a dedicated vCloud Automation Center host for each tenant.
- Select whether to install the SSL certificates automatically without user confirmation.
- (Optional) : To configure the length of time vCenter Orchestrator waits for a connection or response from vCloud Automation Center, enter timeout intervals in the Connection timeout (seconds) and Operation timeout (seconds) text boxes.
- Select the type of connection to the host from the Session mode drop-down menu.
Enter the credentials for a vCloud Automation Center user in the Authentication username and Authentication password text boxes.
Per User Session
Connect by using the credentials of the user that is currently logged in. You must be logged in to the Orchestrator client with the credentials of the vCloud Automation Center system administrator.
To use this option with an external vCenter Orchestrator server, you must run the Register vCO in vCAC Component Registry workflow and restart the Orchestrator server.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
Add a vCloud Automation Center Infrastructure Administration host.