You can use Microsoft SQL Server Express in small-scale environments.
About this task
Orchestrator can work with SQL Server Express when the deployment does not exceed 5 hosts and 50 virtual machines.
To use SQL Server Express with Orchestrator, you must configure the database to enable TCP/IP.
- Log in as an administrator to the machine on which SQL Server Express is installed.
- Click .
- Expand in the list on the left.
- Click Protocols for SQLEXPRESS.
- Right-click TCP/IP and select Enable.
- Right-click TCP/IP and select Properties.
- Click the IP Addresses tab.
- Under IP1, IP2, and IPAll, set the TCP Port value to 1433.
- Click OK.
- Click on the left.
- Restart the SQL Server.
What to do next
Configure the Orchestrator database connection parameters.