You can configure the Orchestrator server to deny access to the Orchestrator client to all users who are not members of the Orchestrator administrator group.
About this task
By default, all users who are granted execute permissions can connect to the Orchestrator client. However, you can limit access to the Orchestrator client to Orchestrator administrators by setting a system property in the vmo.properties Orchestrator configuration file.
If the vmo.properties configuration file does not contain this property, or if the property is set to false, Orchestrator permits access to the Orchestrator client by all users.
- Navigate to the following folder on the Orchestrator server system.
If you installed the standalone version of Orchestrator
Go to install_directory\VMware\Orchestrator\app-server\conf.
If you downloaded and deployed the virtual appliance
Go to /etc/vco/app-server/.
- Open the vmo.properties configuration file in a text editor.
- Add the following line to the vmo.properties configuration file.
#Disable Orchestrator client connection com.vmware.o11n.smart-client-disabled = true
- Save the vmo.properties file.
- Restart the Orchestrator server.
You disabled access to the Orchestrator client to all users other than members of the Orchestrator administrator group.