You can upgrade Orchestrator Appliance 5.5.x to 6.0.1 with packages that VMware publishes. You must perform the upgrade through the Orchestrator Appliance configuration portal.
Before you begin
Unmount all network file systems.
About this task
You can upgrade your existing Orchestrator Appliance 5.5.x to 6.0.1 by using the Orchestrator Appliance configuration portal on port 5480. After you upgrade the Orchestrator Appliance, your plug-in settings are preserved.
- Access the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Appliance configuration portal at https://orchestrator_server:5480/.
- Log in to the Orchestrator Appliance configuration portal as an administrator.
- On the Update tab, click Check Updates.
The system checks for available updates.
- If any updates are available, click Install Updates.
To proceed with the upgrade, you must accept the VMware End User License Agreement.
- To complete the update, restart the Orchestrator Appliance.
- (Optional) : On the Update tab, verify that Orchestrator Appliance 6.0.1 has been successfully installed.
- If there are any changes to the vCenter Server certificates during the upgrade of vCenter Server, you must import the correct vCenter Server certificates and restart the Orchestrator Appliance.
You have successfully upgraded the Orchestrator Appliance to version 6.0.1.
What to do next
Verify that the Orchestrator Appliance vco user account has sufficient permissions for all custom files and folders.
Import the SSL certificates for each vCenter Server instance that you defined. See Import the vCenter Server SSL Certificate.