Deploying the Orchestrator Appliance requires that you create a certificate. You can create a self-signed certificate to guarantee encrypted communication and a signature for your packages. However, the recipient cannot be sure that the self-signed package that you are sending is in fact a package issued by your server and not a third party claiming to be you.
- Log in to the Orchestrator configuration interface as vmware.
- Click Server Certificate.
- Click Create certificate database and self-signed server certificate.
- Type the relevant information.
- From the drop-down menu, select a country.
- Click Create.
Orchestrator generates a server certificate that is unique to your environment. The details about the certificate's public key appear in the Server Certificate window. The certificate's private key is stored in the vmo_keystore table of the Orchestrator database.
What to do next
For disaster recovery purposes, you can save the certificate private key to a local file.