For production environments and to enhance the scalability of your Orchestrator setup, install Orchestrator on a dedicated Windows machine.
Before you begin
Verify that your hardware meets the Orchestrator system requirements. See Hardware Requirements for Orchestrator.
Download the vRealize Orchestrator installer from the VMware Web site.
About this task
The Orchestrator client and server can run on 64-bit Windows machines.
If you try to install Orchestrator on a 64-bit machine on which an instance of Orchestrator 4.0.x is running, the 64-bit installer does not detect the earlier version of Orchestrator. As a result, two versions of Orchestrator are installed and coexist.
- Start the Orchestrator installer.
Browse to the download location of the installer and start vRealizeOrchestrator-6.0.0.exe
- Click Next.
- Accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Either accept the default destination folders or click Change to select another location, and click Next.
You cannot install Orchestrator in a directory whose name contains non-ASCII characters. If you are operating in a locale that features non-ASCII characters, you must install Orchestrator in the default location.
- Select the type of installation and click Next.
Installs the Orchestrator client application, which allows you to create and edit workflows.
Installs the Orchestrator server platform.
Installs the Orchestrator client and server.
- Select the location for the Orchestrator shortcuts and click Next.
The name of the shortcuts directory must contain only ASCII characters.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- Click Done to close the installer.
What to do next
To start configuring Orchestrator, start the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Configuration service and log in to the Orchestrator configuration interface at: https://orchestrator_server_DNS_name_or_IP_address:8283/vco-config or https://localhost:8283/vco-config.