You can debug elements of a workflow by adding breakpoints to the elements in the workflow schema.
Before you begin
Log in to the Orchestrator client as a user who can run workflows.
About this task
When a breakpoint is reached, you have several options to continue the debugging process. When you debug an element from the workflow schema, you can view general information about the workflow run, modify the workflow variables, and view log messages.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Design.
- Click the Workflows view.
- Select a workflow from the workflow library and click the Schema tab.
- To add breakpoints to the schema elements that you want to debug, right-click a workflow element and select Toggle breakpoint.
You can enable or disable the toggled breakpoints.
- Click the Debug workflow icon ().
If the workflow requires input parameters, you must provide them.
- When the workflow run is paused after it reaches a breakpoint, select one of the available options.
Resumes the workflow run until another breakpoint is reached.
Lets you step into a workflow element.Note:
You cannot step into a nested workflow element when you debug a workflow in the workflow editor.
Steps over the current element in the schema and pauses the workflow run on the next element.
Exits the workflow element that you have stepped into.
- (Optional) : From the Breakpoints tab, modify the breakpoints.
You can enable, disable, or remove existing breakpoints.
- (Optional) : From the Variables tab, review the variables.
You can modify the values of some of the variables during the debugging process.