You can run an external PowerShell script on a host in the plug-in's inventory.
External PowerShell scripts are contained in .ps1 files. The .ps1 file that you want to run must be located on the PowerShell host.
- Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
- Verify that you have a connection to a PowerShell host from the Inventory view.
- Verify that you have acces to other .ps1 files that the script might reference.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, select and navigate to the Invoke an external script workflow.
- Right-click the Invoke an external script workflow and select Start workflow.
- Select a PowerShell host on which to run the scrpt.
- In the Name text box, type the filename of the external .ps1 script that you want to run.
Note: If the .ps1 file is not in the default folder, you must type the absolute filepath. You can use system environment variables to specify script paths. For example, $env:HOMEPATH\test1.ps1.
- In the Arguments text box, type the script arguments.
The valid syntax is the same as that used in the PowerShell console.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.