You can run a workflow from the Orchestrator client to send an email to respond to a query, known as a user interaction.
About this task
The workflow uses the default mail server configuration that you set in the Orchestrator configuration interface. See Define the Default SMTP Connection.
Configure the Mail plug-in in the Orchestrator configuration interface.
Log in to the Orchestrator client as a user who can run Mail workflows.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, open to navigate to the Example interaction with email workflow.
- Right-click the Example interaction with email workflow and select Start workflow.
- Provide the required information.
- Type a recipient address.
- Select an LDAP group of users who are authorized to answer the query.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
The workflow suspends its run and sends an email to the given address.