You can run a workflow from the Orchestrator client to generate a key pair. You can use the key pair to connect to an SSH host without a password.
About this task
A key pair consists of a public key and a private key. Orchestrator can use the private key to connect to the public key on an SSH host. You can use a passphrase to improve security.
All Orchestrator users with the right set of privileges can read, use, and overwrite your private key.
Configure the SSH plug-in in the Orchestrator configuration interface.
Log in to the Orchestrator client as a user who can run SSH workflows.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, open to navigate to the Generate key pair workflow.
- Right-click the Generate key pair workflow and select Start workflow.
- Provide the required information.
- Select the key type.
- Select the key size.
- (Optional) Type a passphrase.
You can change the passphrase later.
- (Optional) Type a comment.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
If a key pair exists, the new key pair overwrites it.